Subscribe Here RSS or Email

4/6/08

Do you feel the limit? 600ec per ip

10 comments Buzz Here


Are you happy with the new rules 600ec per ip address with entrecard?

I understand fully the side of Entrecard, they want to eliminate or minimize the abusive use of the system, penalize those people that are spamming the system that's good! but limiting those bloggers that are genuinely using entrecard for traffic and not for financial gain is a torture.



I have two blogs, i religiously drop 300 each blog, i read and comment on every site that "interest" me, i meet a lot good bloggers along the way...i love the traffic that i am getting especially when i am at the top 3 of my category, my husband has 1 blog too! meaning it's 900ec we drop each day using the same ip address which did not pass the new rules.

New Rules Stinks
Spamming is always a problem -- oh! i wish we can just shoot them, there, that kills the problem but we can't maybe in our dream. I find the new rules stinks, it affects the honest droppers, the genuine people that rely and believe in their system to generate traffic.

Money is the root of all evil
Spammers join Entrecard not for traffic but to earn money, they use and abuse Entrecard for financial gain -- maybe if Entrecard will remove the money value of EC that will eliminate the problem, i know it's so easy to say but many will not agree with me because there are some that are genuine droppers that are enjoying the little amount that they earned for selling credits but sometimes we need to sacrifice something isn't it traffic is the main purpose of Entrecard?

Cause and Effect
Cause - Eliminate the cause of the problem; The amount valued on each EC causes spammers to create many dummy blog and entrecard account for financial gain...the result SPAM the system.

Effect - Then, Entrecard thinks of best way to deal with the spammers is to limit the drops per IP to 600ec a day, ouch!

Two head better than one
Okay in this case they might be more that one, but If Entrecard asked for some suggestion before implementing the new rule this might end up a better and good system than 600ec per ip.

We are not sure if this is going to change yet after some bloggers commenting and dis-agree with this new implementation but as per phirate:

We will not be changing this policy, it was a necessary change as the result of a number of users creating large numbers of inactive blogs then dropping 300 for each in order to "earn" credits.
All of us who genuinely use Entrecard to gain traffic and not for financial gain will feel the pain of limitations, not enough freedom to promoting our site.

Options

The only option for those that genuinely use Entrecard for traffic and have more than 2 site in their ip address is to think of which blog do you want to prioritize and sacrifice the other blog, this is big sacrifice if you ask me or alternate the site to promote each day, all we have to do is make an adjustment in our part, forget about this 600ec per ip and move on, big sigh!.

What about you? have you noticed the new rules? do you feel the pain of less freedom? or you just want to move on and see what happens next hoping it will benefit us.

Related Posts by Categories



10 comments:

Anonymous said... at 6/4/08 12:25

I had not noticed the new rules. It does not affect me because I only use one blog with entrecard (I have a few blogs, but only use entrecard on one).

The truth is, I find it to be very time consuming just to drop the 100 a day that I am doing now.

Anonymous said... at 6/4/08 22:46

It doesn't really affect me because I usually just reciprocate drops + drop a few here and there while doing it.

However, if you are sharing the same IP/internet with more than 2 bloggers that drop 300 cards everyday at home (like your case), then I guess it can become a problem :(

Iris said... at 7/4/08 00:30

@sly - At least you don't worry with your other blog, i like the traffic that i am getting with entrecard i get comments my alexa dropped down, and i able to visit great site, get connected with bloggers that have the same interest and i learned many things. I have manage my time very well when it comes with my dropping, I am glad for that :)

@laura - Your lucky :) thanks for dropping by.

@Michael - I reciprocate, drop the top 3, popular and if i still have time the one's that is at the top 10 on each category.

At the moment it's no longer a problem, Phirate have compromised the ruling, still 600ec per ip address but we can now carry on drop until 300 but no credit anymore only for promotion which is good, although not much credit to buy for advertising but we have to compromise and meet half way.

Hopefully this new ruling will stop the abuser of spamming the system and we can still carry on promoting our site which is Good.

Cynthia Blue said... at 7/4/08 05:16

I do not like the limit! I have three Entrecard accounts for three of my blogs. I drop as much as I can... and on the weekends, like today, I have time to drop (and read and comment too!) as I am doing now. I hit the limit yesterday and was so frustrated!

I hope they change this. Hrmph. It's punishing us legit bloggers in an attempt to get rid of the spammers

VH said... at 7/4/08 06:11

I had no idea about the new rules too. Thanks for post...very informative. I only have one blog and it's relatively new. I may bump up against this rule eventually.

VH said... at 7/4/08 07:40

BTW, I found this site through Entrecard:) That's good, right?

Iris said... at 7/4/08 08:33

@cynthia blue - Many have opposed, if you visit the forum you can see the legit sites have affected this new rules, but let see because they are willing to do some compromise for the sake of those who are genuinely using entrecard for promoting sites.

@vulcanhammer - if you have one blog and your the only one dropping in your househould you might not hit with this new rules because eventually you can only drop 300 which is good in your side, you have nothing to worry if thats the case.

Thanks for dropping by and i really appreciate your time.

Jinger said... at 7/4/08 14:35

I guess I have mixed feelings on this, I try and leave a comment before I drop my card, I want to make sure that my site kind of works with theirs before just dropping the card. I like to have readers that are into hair and tips that i have to offer. This is an interesting observation for sure. I guess I'll pay more attention. Check out my site if you get a chance.
www.prohairreview.com

Sharon "Lucero" said... at 7/4/08 15:16

First of all, the Entrecard IP rule seems a little extreme, especially in cases like yours where there is more than one blogger using one IP. Sorry, if I don't always comment when I drop, but sometimes I just have nothing to say; I would rather give a well thought out addition rather than a "nice post" just to get some link love (that's not fair either).

Off Topic: I like your site colors; the lilac on the purple works, but you might want to change the blue color for the headers - you can't read them at all. Maybe it's just my pc, but I had a hard time and lost interest in the post.

Post a Comment

I really love to read your thoughts, Reminder though that I Moderate my blog, If your intention is only to spam think twice.

For those that will comment because you want to share your thoughts i really appreciate your time. "Dofollow" Rules.

 

  © Blogger template 'tbn' by thebuzznutter 2008

Bring me to TOP