Subscribe Here RSS or Email

5/26/08

Want to put a Post Divider on your Site?

0 comments Buzz Here
I was working with my very first Blog Template, and last night i was looking of how to change the post divider from dotted border to image. Finally i found out on how to and where to place my code. I like the result and i love the look -- it make your site looks great as well.

Why do we need to put an image instead of just border?
I have noticed that some of Mommy's template are very well done and looks great and i helps me stay longer especially when the content is very interesting that makes me read not just what i see but i navigate and reading more. The post divider is nothing intrusive or not a problem at all but i was thinking not just to make your site look great but it captures attention to your other post as well.
Here's my simple hack and i hope you it works for you too!
  1. Go to your Dashboard then click Layout
  2. Click Edit HTML...(Important! Save you template)
  3. Control + F then type .post-footer {
  4. Then we are going to add this code below
    background:url("YOUR IMAGE URL");
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    background-position:50% 50%;
    height:100px;
  5. Before you save, preview first and when your happy then Save your template and your done!
The pictures where i captured my photo's is from the template i am working. Soon it will be available here in my site.
Above is the only one divider i made and it's free for you to use (I will try to make few divider when i get the chance) you can right click and save the image or copy link location

Here is how it going to look like in your site.
I hope you like this hack and find it useful. As for me i like it and you will see the demo here in the test template that i am working at the moment.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really love to read your thoughts, Reminder though that I Moderate my blog, If your intention is only to spam think twice.

For those that will comment because you want to share your thoughts i really appreciate your time. "Dofollow" Rules.

 

  © Blogger template 'tbn' by thebuzznutter 2008

Bring me to TOP